At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Atomic Arcade is a brand-new video game development studio located in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area led by industry veterans from AAA game and film studios. We are in the process of staffing up our development team with outstanding talent to build our first multi-platform, AAA game - a bold, new take on the GI JOE Universe starring the legendary character Snake Eyes! This is an excellent opportunity to not only build an outstanding AAA experience but to also help form the core foundations for the studio and team to build upon. We are proud to be part of Wizards of the Coast which is a division Hasbro.
The Senior Concept Artist is responsible for crafting original and imaginative concept art for characters, environments and other game assets. A successful candidate would present a clear and comprehensive process of research and exploration that supports their final art and have a strong understanding of efficient ideation techniques. They would also have the ability to work both independently and in cooperation with Leads and other Artists to complete assignments and a demonstration of strong artistic interpretation skills is also required.
We are considering on-site and hybrid working options as well as full-time remote candidates.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with the Lead Concept Artist and other creatives to define the look and feel of the game.
- Build unique and inspired concept designs that range from blue sky worldbuilding and mood to the nitty-gritty details.
- Propose compelling and exciting ideas built on thorough research and exploration.
- Based on input from Art and Design leadership, create a broad scope of concepts for characters, environments, props, events, and any other needs or find a focus within your distinct specialty.
- Actively participate in technical and aesthetic problem-solving discussions.
- Complete quality work under established and agreed-upon deadlines.
- Assist your Lead in guiding and mentoring the less experienced artists toward success.
What You'll Bring:
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Outstanding portfolio that demonstrates a strong artistic style and design sensibility.
- Strong use of research and reference material that supports idea generation and problem solving.
- Ability to quickly iterate on an idea, as well as take a design to final polish.
- Strong ability to design and illustrate everything from characters to environments to mechanical designs and more.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to take direction and accept critical review of your work.
- Mastery of relevant software packages, such as Photoshop, or similar software.
- Working knowledge of 3d tools such as Zbrush, Blender, or similar software.
- Understanding of game art production pipeline.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented; must have the ability to interact and collaborate with all departments and teams.
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated, can perform duties with little oversight.
Nice to Have:
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.