Senior Community Manager
15 days ago
To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex Ltd, the UK's largest developer and publisher of online games, is looking for a talented Senior Community Manager to play a key role. Reporting to the Lead Community Manager, you’ll be part of the leadership team that shapes the future across all our titles.
Your role will include designing exciting community campaigns in Old School RuneScape, developing and mentoring team members, contributing to the community strategy and much more. This will encompass elements of influencer management, communication strategies and delivery, leading others and more. Your experience in management and strategic thinking capabilities will shape how we think of communication and how our players stay informed.
- Manage the global Old School RuneScape online community
- Assist and oversee community channels and ensure your team are utilizing best practices
- Help develop community assets such as blogs, livestreams and interviews
- Maintain a strong presence and promote on community forums, social media, and within our online games.
- Assist with events, trade show and exhibitions
- Develop and maintain relationships with key Influencers
- Work with Junior team members to expand their skills, focus on training needs and help develop them into leaders of tomorrow
- Experienced: you have developed years of community experience in social media or communications.
- Player Obsessed: you understand your impact on our players social experience because you are a core gamer. You use that knowledge to improve the overall experience of all our communications and promotions. Communication is a two-way street and you thrive at being a facilitator between game teams and players
- Strategic: you have a broad vision of the community landscape. You understand the values of community campaigns and communication and feedback flows
- A leader: You inspire your team to deliver value to players consistently and to maintain transparent and accurate correspondence to players
- Talent driven: you know how to support your team in their career development, you hold frequent development discussions and set stretch goals. Ultimately, you love to see your team members succeed and grow in their careers.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.