Senior Community Manager - Insomniac Games
19 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Insomniac Games is looking to hire its next Senior Community Manager, they'll be responsible for developing and creating the connection between the community team and the Insomniac Games development team. The Senior Community Manager builds the strategy and program for the studio to directly interface with the community responding to their requests, keeping them updated on information and progress through various media and social channels. Specifically manages game and studio social communications and player interactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under supervision of Community Director, creates, develops and executes the Community Strategy for involving and engaging the community, including content and in-game and outside-of-game events
- Identifies, develops and manages content / community KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to prove success of community content and initiatives
- Leads player-facing communication as a spokesperson for games, the dev team, and Insomniac Games, including active involvement on social media, discord, Reddit and other forums
- Works with the Community Director and PlayStation teams, to vet communication plans through a player-perspective, as well as suggests additional and complementary tactics.
- Authors and develops high-quality social content that fits within the Community Strategy, including but not limited to social copy, blogs, announcements, GIFs, memes, short videos, podcasts or live streams
- Acts as the community’s voice and advocate within the development team, and helps the Community Engagement and Product Marketing Lead ensure that Insomniac is listening to and reacting appropriately to player feedback
- Experienced in looking through “the noise” to distill actionable community feedback, and present that feedback along with additional strategy as needed
- Be the community expert on the team, able to help the team decide what is most important to players and help in brainstorming and creating assets that appeal to our fanbase
- Able to independently and rapidly respond to game issues, crisis situations, as well as competition and social opportunities in the moment
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, and capable of writing in a voice that properly reflects Insomniac’s and each individual game’s tone. Ability to quickly draft and edit large amounts of copy
- Travel to events to act as studio spokesperson at events and in media interviews, as warranted
- Other duties may be assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job may involve mentoring assistant community managers.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field; or eight to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of social media tools and analytics
- Ability to use Reddit/Discord
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of Zendesk and Devtrack/Jira is preferred
- Knowledge of desktop publishing procedures and software
- Photoshop Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, and HTML a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be able to present ideas clearly and work well within a large team environment
- Solid organizational skills in order to manage and track issues and follow-up with appropriate responses
- Strong time management skills with an ability to determine priority for issues
- Reliable decision-making skills and the ability to use sound judgement
This position does require travel to represent the studio at industry events both locally and nationally, within safe guidelines. Reliable transportation is required.
If this is the role you have been looking for- we look forward to hearing from you. Please submit your application below.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.