Senior Communications Manager
14 days ago
Unity is seeking an outstanding internal and executive communication leader to drive and deliver programs and initiatives that engage, inspire, and inform Unity's Create organization.
In this role, you will proactively craft the employee experience, engage distributed team members, and advance business priorities and cultural differentiators through essential communications. You know how to speak to employees at every level to help build trust, alignment, and clarity. In addition, you are constantly reassessing, measuring, and revamping communication channels for efficiency, clarity, and value alignment.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are a critical thinker, an active listener, and a courageous team member with the ability to motivate cross-functional partners and influence senior leaders. To be successful, you should be strategic, proactive, and resourceful. You will also live and bring to life Unity’s Values: Users First, Best Ideas Win, In It Together, and Go Bold.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and implement communications strategies to inform, inspire, and engage the Create team and enhance alignment across all levels of the organization.
- Through proactive, consistent internal communications, leverage team-specific and company-wide internal touchpoints to clearly communicate around mission, key objectives, priorities, big news/achievements, HR-related programs, and more.
- Lead as Internal and Executive Communications partner for Unity’s SVP, Create Solutions, and provide ad hoc support to the SVP’s leadership team.
- Work closely with PR, Corporate Communications, Analyst Relations, Social Media, Community and other partners to ensure consistency of strategy, messaging, and tactics
- Advance a modern workplace model that strengthens employee connection and collaboration, improving the in-person and digital experience.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, or a related field with strong experience in internal and/or executive communications at an agency, Fortune 500 company, or global enterprise
- Outstanding writing, editing, and presentation skills with the ability to coach and develop others
- Critical thinking and data-driven, proactive execution with a strong understanding of the communications ecosystem and the importance of multi-channel planning (internal and external channels)
- Proven track record to influence executives and peers, cultivate talent, develop strategic plans, collaborate with cross-functional peers, and deliver business results
- Experience working in a fast-paced culture with an ability to prioritize, manage time, and multitask
You might also have
- Strong listener, collaborative, diplomatic, and consultative
- Flexible and resilient problem solver with the ability to build consensus and manage sensitive situations
- Executive presence
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.