Senior Cloud Systems Engineer II
17 days ago
Team Name:IT - Infrastructure Engineering
Job Title:Senior Cloud Systems Engineer II
Blizzard Cloud is dedicated to powering the world's most epic entertainment experiences. To achieve this, we understand that epic entertainment demands epic infrastructure. Our mission is to provide a world class hybrid cloud with global reach. We focus on technologies that make Blizzard efficient, consistent, agile and portable across private and public cloud. We empower rapid iteration and rapid delivery - everywhere our game developers and player community need it.
While we continue to scale and grow an awesome private cloud, our strategy for the future is hinged upon hybrid cloud. We value public cloud for functionality, reach and scale when it makes sense. The agility offered by hybrid has realised us many successes. As we continue to chart this course, we need an awesome Cloud Systems Engineer to help us deliver on our goals. That’s where you come in.
This role will be focused on driving engineering excellence into the design and deployment of our public clouds governance framework covering AWS, GCP and Alibaba. This involves working closely with engineering peers across Cloud, Infrastructure, Networks and Security as well as understanding and delivering on customer requirements across multiple public clouds and our private cloud. You will be passionate about cloud technologies and speak with authority on best practices and engineering discipline learned through trial and error, not just books and docs. This role will provide exposure to all elements of our hybrid cloud offering. If this sounds awesome to you, then let’s talk.
Typical day-to-day responsibilities include the following:
- Craft cloud-based solutions according to project requirements
- Research new technologies, develop prototypes, and contribute to technical decision making
- Design, automate, and execute repeatable processes for facilitating new cloud users and workloads
- Document operational processes and procedures
- Mentor peers and educate internal customers on cloud technologies
- Participate in production support and on-call duties
- A mastery of Linux. Know why things work on a Linux system -- not just how to configure them
- 3+ years' experience architecting applications and systems in at least one public cloud platform
- Experience with large-scale deployments involving private, hybrid, and/or public cloud platforms
- Experience with the offerings of multiple large public clouds. g. AWS, GCP, Azure
- Extensive experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Git, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet
- Hands-on experience deploying public cloud native applications
- Solid understanding of how public cloud networking concepts
- Ability to write software in Python or another administrative language
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and related CNCF projects
- Hands on experience managing infrastructure and workloads in GCP
- A passion for Open Source and experience contributing to Open Source projects
- Multi-account, multi-tenant cloud experience in a medium to large organization
- Able to debug and build infrastructure tools written in Go
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!