Senior Cloud API Engineer
Culver City, CA, Plantation, FL (HQ), Sunnyvale, CA, Tel Aviv, Israel, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland
11 days ago
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
As a senior Cloud API Engineer, you’ll be responsible for designing and developing mission critical, highly scalable secure, multi-tenant cloud services. In this role, you’ll be collaborating with multiple software development teams, program and product teams on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with software and product teams to design an implement secure, highly scalable cloud services that support the operation of and remote management of the Magic Leap device
- Work closely with product and release management teams to handle software update rollouts to Magic Leap devices and all aspects of remote device management
- Work closely with the New Product Introduction teams on device secrets management
- Write unit, integration and load tests
- Work closely with our DevOps engineers to continually deploy and verify new releases
- 5-7 years’ experience designing high-performance, secure, multi-tenant cloud services
- Experience with a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Redis
- Experience deploying and scaling high-traffic services using Amazon and/or Google cloud
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: Elixir/Erlang, Python, C++, NodeJS or Java
- Familiarity with Linux, shell-scripting, git and network protocols
- Experience with cloud security, authentication and authorization in the cloud, including secrets management is a plus
- Experience with internationalization is a plus. Bonus points if you know the difference between globalization, internalization and localization.
- Familiarity with best practices in IoT device management is a plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines