Senior Cinematic Animator
15 days ago
A Senior Cinematic Animator creates highly believable performances in cinematics that immerse and engage the player in EA’s games. They will demonstrate a solutions-oriented and quality-focused approach in completing their tasks. A Senior Cinematic Animator will be responsible for the following:
- Work with the Animation Director, Leads & team to establish and maintain animation quality expectations for the project.
- Animate cinematics that support the narrative of the game.
- Animate realistic human performances that convey character personality and believability.
- Collaborate effectively across multiple departments including art, tech and production.
- Exhibit the ability to troubleshoot day to day issues and work with team members to find solutions.
- Actively contribute to the continued improvements of the techniques and best practices of the animation team as well as offer mentorship where applicable.
Skills and experience EA looks for:
- 5+ years of experience as an animator working on AAA game or film titles
- Strong understanding of traditional animation principles and fundamentals, able to demonstrate an exceptional visual/technical understanding of animation mechanics.
- Mastery of high-end animation software packages such as Maya.
- Experience with creating realistic facial animation.
- Motion capture cleanup experience.
- Ability to take direction well and address notes in a timely fashion.
- Animation background, degree in Fine Arts or Computer Animation.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience in Motionbuilder
- Experience in game engines
- Experience in Perforce and Shotgrid
- Enjoy playing games