Senior Cinematic Animator (Project Hire)
19 days ago
That's No Moon is an independent studio of storytellers and game-makers who believe in the power of narrative-driven experiences. With a diverse team of talented developers, from some of the top game studios in the world (Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Bungie), our shared vision is to create the future of AAA experiences with a culture of creativity, collaboration, and responsible production practices. Our passionate team of developers help shape our studio, our projects, and our future.
We are looking for a Senior Cinematic Animator with a passion and drive for creating incredible animation for a AAA title. This person will collaborate with other departments in helping develop workflows, tools and processes used by animators. To work closely with Lead Animator, Camera Layout, Design, Tech Art and Stage . Animate characters that are story driven, have emotional depth and clarity. Align with the goal of delivering compelling cinematics of the highest level!
- Create and integrate AAA quality cinematic animations that reflect game design and story goals
- Collaborate with engineers, designers and tech artists to assist in developing tools and workflow
- Use motion capture effectively and hand-key appropriately
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure cinematics and gameplay are cohesive
- Work at the highest level, technically and aesthetically
- Ensure that character performances are believable and reflect story moments with clarity and intention
- Be proactive with troubleshooting any animation workflow and pipeline issues.
- Effectively communicate with animators, engineers, designers and riggers, to give and accept feedback
- Assist in establishing standard methodologies in animation
- Participate in motion capture shoots when needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Proven, senior level experience in working with motion capture and hand-key animation in the game industry
- Demo reel showing an understanding of all animation principles
- Knowledge of previsualization and cinematography principles
- Experience in creating cinematic, narrative driven character performances of the highest quality.
- Professional working knowledge of Maya
- Experience working with game engines
- Passionate about making games and the enthusiasm to make the best!
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in switching tasks to accommodate production priorities
- Ability to appreciate other department's perspectives
- Maintain integrity and confidence in results-oriented times
- Empathetic and respected senior member of the team
- Team oriented with a desire to assist other animators
- Promote inclusivity, diversity and fairness
- Practice patience and be open to giving and receiving feedback
(This is a temporary “Project Hire” position. The anticipated duration of this assignment will vary. TNM Project Hire employees will be eligible to participate in a number of TNM benefit plans such as medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, and flexible PTO)
TNM considers a number of factors when determining each role's base pay range, including industry benchmarks, location, experience, and other job specific skills. In addition to base pay, this role may be eligible for other incentive compensation including equity and profit share. The estimated base pay range for this role is U.S. only and not applicable for locations outside of the U.S.
The estimated base pay range for this role is: $110k - $145k
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
TNM offers competitive and comprehensive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, flexible PTO, supplemental life and disability, and more. Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary based on country of residence and/or part-time or temporary employment status.
That's No Moon is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.