Senior Character Effects - Fur/TD
4 days ago
DigitalFish has long been a trusted partner of leading digital-media companies, and we are at the center of their efforts to build a new generation of platforms and experiences. Current and past customers include Facebook, Google, Pixar, DreamWorks, Activision, LEGO, Disney/ESPN, NASA and many others.
At DigitalFish, you'll have a unique opportunity to help lead this invention of the future of design, entertainment and play on multiple fronts.
The Senior CFX / Fur TD will collaborate with a renowned global studio. Your first project will be to help the client refine the definition of a next-generation Houdini-based system for grooming and rendering of fur, hair, feathers, and grass. Then propose a plan to accelerate the development of that system into production. Optionally lead that team through the development milestones, in partnership with the client’s in-house team and leads.
- Collaborate closely with client’s product management and engineering teams
- Validate requirements for a new fur/feather system currently in development
- Provide feedback on the existing proposal including tools, plugins, pipeline/workflow
- Develop a plan to accelerate development with additional staffing, adjustments to the proposed design, and/or changes in the sequence of deliverables
- Optionally lead our development team in collaboration with the client’s in-house R&D
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years experience in VFX or animation production specifically building and supporting, if not also using, character effects tools and pipelines
- Strong understanding of the fur, hair, and feather systems used across the industry including their relative strengths and drawbacks
- Exceptional communications skills, including the ability to translate user needs into clear problem statements, and the ability to read and write specifications and plans
- Experience with 3rd party DCC tools, particularly Houdini and Katana, for character effects
- Experience setting up efficient simulation and rendering pipelines with appropriate design of caching techniques to optimize iteration times
- Strong grasp of USD
- Able to work in a consultative role, providing guidance and expertise to ensure the client’s success
- Able to work independently and drive results
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Rate
- Ability to create and influence features and design workflow for a premiere Studio
- Work with a well-respected, creative and talented group of experts in visual effects and animation
Your primary work will be virtual due to COVID-19 restrictions and will stay remote once COVID-19 restrictions lift. As conditions improve, some travel to remote studios may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are hiring immediately. We look forward to hearing from you!