Senior Character Artist
12 days ago
Ubisoft Milan is looking for a Senior Character Artist to be involved in the creation of characters for a triple-A project.
The Artist will be in charge of producing, optimizing and revising high quality 3D characters for runtime/real-time purposes and will work closely with the development team to integrate the work into the game and verify that all the elements interact properly.
- Create AAA quality high and low-poly models of characters following concept art and art direction and respecting the technical constraints;
- Develop high-quality assets, which inspire and realize the vision of the game and adjusting the work according to the narrative and visual storytelling;
- Insure quality of related assets by maintaining responsibility over character creation pipeline throughout the projects development;
- Participate in research and development for character techniques and pipelines;
- Help the team to set and maintain strong visual quality of the project;
- Plan, build and implement complex artistic assignments;
- Identify potential risks and challenges and suggests relevant solutions for the project;
- Contribute in establishing and optimizing pipelines for improving quality and time of production;
- Propose and implement artistic and technical solutions to address production issues;
- Share your knowledge and provide feedback to junior 3D artists.
- +5 years of experience in creating character models (within the gaming industry is an advantage);
- Strong knowledge of 3D modeling, UV and texturing for games;
- Proficiency in Maya, Z-Brush, Photoshop and Substance Painter;
- Ability to digitally sculpt/model and texture both high and low polygon models;
- Strong knowledge of texturing & shading;
- Ability to construct and elaborate assets based on key reference or concepts;
- Experience with managing polygon count and texture budgets;
- Experience on real time rendering engine;
- Experience on managing high graphic performances on real time;
- Passion and enthusiasm for videogames;
- Knowledge of English.
As a plus:
- Ability to manage VFX and lighting.
Initial fixed-term contract.
In order to consider your application, please send us a link to your portfolio/showreel.
The position is based in Milan (Italy) and requires working onsite.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft’s 19 000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.