This job might no longer be available.
Senior Character Artist
1 month ago
We are looking for a Senior Character Artist to help us bring the multiverse on Core to life with exciting stylized characters for our players to bring with them into a vast range of games spanning many themes and genres.
- Create both high resolution 3D sculpts and final low polygon game assets
- Leverage next-gen PBR material pipelines for use in Unreal Engine
- Iterate on game assets with production artists via prototyping and group critiques
- Create stylized textures using Substance Painter
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development as an artist specializing in character modeling using Maya or 3DS Max, Photoshop, Zbrush or Mudbox.
- Exceptional understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines and tools
- Demonstrated proficiency in traditional hard-surface poly modeling techniques
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
- Self-motivated, superior communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Painter
- Experience in creating visual designs that support gameplay oriented goals
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, animation, visual effects, or technical art
- Have shipped a AAA, PC, or console title as a character artist