This job might no longer be available.
Senior Character Artist
7 months ago
JOB TITLE: Senior Character Artist
LOCATION: Brighton, UK
FUNCTION: Art - Characters
REPORTS TO: Lead Character Artist
What We Need:
We are looking for a talented Senior Character Artist to join our team and bring expertise, motivation, and a mature skill set. S/he defines, creates and manages high end run time digital assets. The Senior Character Artist works closely with Lead Artist, Lead Animator and Art Director, and with animators and cutscene editors to create the best possible impression in the final game.
We try to make our characters come alive and believable, so users have a riveting experience from playing our games.
What You Will Do:
- Create amazing high and low-poly 3D character and creature assets from concept art and reference materials, character textures and shaders, clothing, hair, and styling
- Highly adaptable skill set and the ability to easily conform to the style of the project"
- Collaborate with animators and cutscene editors
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and developments along with capture and creation tool technologies”
- Supervising and training less experienced colleagues
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Impressive portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities
- Secondary school or university degree at Graphic Arts or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of Maya (or 3ds Max), ZBrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop
- Excellent knowledge of human anatomy, facial expressions, ability to capture personality
- Excellent knowledge of sculpting, drawing or painting in the classic technique
- Must possess the ability to follow art direction and work efficiently within a collaborative production environment
- Ability to take feedback and make changes
- Good communication skills
- Candidate must show ability to work well under pressure and meet fast turn-around deadlines
- Minimum three years of experience in game industry and at least one released project
- Advanced written and spoken English
- Knowledge of computer games
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Substance Designer and Marvelous Designer
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Jira, Shotgun)
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.