This job might no longer be available.
Senior Character Artist (Stylized VR)
8 months ago
We are Rayscape Games. An indie studio based in the UK creating games for the Oculus Quest 2 and PCVR Platforms.
We are looking for a skilled Senior Character Artist to help bring our worlds to life with characters of all shapes and sizes.
The ideal canidate will be well versed in a variety of styles and creature types and able to take them from concept to completion, including setting them up in Unreal Engine.
About The Role:
- Modelling and Texturing Characters/Creatures from concepts using stylized techniques
- Blend hand-crafted techniques and next-generation materials & tools to create VR content
- Create materials and basic animations in Unreal Engine
- Experience creating characters in a variety of styles, including non-bipedal creatures
- Experience with ZBrush, 3DS Max/Maya/Blender, Substance
- Knowledge of PBR-Asset creation pipeline, including retopology and UVing
- Demonstrated proficiency in hard-surface modelling and organic sculpting
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine: Asset Pipeline, Lighting, Animgraph
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability
- Ability to work with limited assitance and able to provide feedback to junior artists
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, animation, visual effects, or technical art
- Experience Rigging, Skinning and Animating skeletal meshes
- Experience using 'Trim Sheets' to create props
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Cover Letter is required
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).