Senior Character Artist - (Open to Remote)
7 days ago
Job Title:Senior Character Artist - (Open to Remote)
Senior Character Artist - (Open to Remote)
Toys for Bob, a collaborative team of stellar individuals that have inspired love, joy, and laughter through epic AAA entertainment for more than 30 years, is open to remote work! Our passion for developing award-winning games with diverse genres includes the Crash Bandicoot®, Call of Duty®, Overwatch®, Spyro®, Skylanders®, and Tony Hawk® franchises. We are constantly evolving and support our growing employees to be as innovative as they can be. Toys for Bob’s experienced developers are looking for creative individuals ready to take on exciting and new projects. Join us!
Toys for Bob is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, visit us at www.toysforbob.com and @ToysForBob on Twitter.
As a Senior Character Artist, you will report directly to our Art Director. The ideal candidate will create high-quality, detailed, and stylized character art for today’s generation of games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with our Art Director and Character Artists to meet technical and aesthetic expectations
- Create amazing characters that are efficient, built to scale, and satisfy budgetary requirements
- Iterate based on feedback and modify work based on direction
- Create efficient UV layout for texture maps, hard surfaces, and organic models
- Promote a positive work environment through high personal and performance standards
- Verify art asset performance and appearance in the game engine
- 5+ years of proven experience in-game development as a Character Artist
- Proficiency in using Maya to create detailed characters to scale and accuracy
- Strong foundation and understanding of anatomy, drapery, and mechanical forms
- Ability to create detailed high poly models in Zbrush and Maya
- Solid understanding of UV coordinate space, texturing, and memory budgets
- Understanding of mesh topology and edge loops as it translates to efficient modeling practices for in-game characters
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop and Substance Painter to create hand-painted textures
- Experience in 3D character concepts and development process
- Proactive and work well in a large team environment with excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solver, motivated, and driven to face challenges
- Shipped 1 or more AAA titles.
- Solid understanding of art pipelines and how to get the most out of them
- Experience working among art, design, and engineering teams
- Ability to give useful critiques of character models as well as receive feedback and art direction
- BS/BA/BFA degree in graphic design, fine arts, digital arts or similar
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovative worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Toys for Bob is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.