Senior Business Strategist - Riot Game Operations
11 days ago
As a Senior Business Strategist, you'll report to a Strategic Advisory Manager on the Game Studios Operations Strategic Advisory team. Your team works with senior leaders from Game Studios across Riot Game Operations, Player Platform, Production, and Central QA to advise and communicate strategy across multiple groups, including strategic planning, developing OKRs and KPIs, monitoring performance against targets, create frameworks on how to succeed and manage change, and evaluating operating models.
You will be a strategist for Riot's game operations leaders, solving important issues facing the organization and facilitating understanding and collaboration within your projects.
You will develop and contribute insights to better inform decisions, prioritize projects, create narratives, develop presentations, and organize discussions for leadership across Riot wide.
- Develop frameworks that guide senior leadership to think through complex or ambiguous problem spaces
- Evaluate drivers of operations issues, applying our data, interviews and benchmarks to achieve results
- Produce insights connecting outputs of analysis and reports to important goals
- Craft narratives that articulate problem spaces, identify core issues to solve, and provide reasonable recommendations
- Create communication materials such as models, presentations, and documentations, tailored to the right audience level
- Encourage cross-team discussions to guide organization-wide understanding and collaboration
- Identify opportunities to collaborate across product and teams to promote agreement in strategy and operations
- Partner with Insights, Finance, and other Strategic Advisory teams across Riot to serve Game Studios game ops needs
- Support due diligence for acquisitions that impact our games / operations efforts
- 10+ years of management consulting experience leading teams and guiding informed and aligned strategic decision-making
- Experience analyzing large datasets, visualizing information, and informing strategy
- Experience with organizational design, developing and tracking OKRs, developing frameworks and change management
- Experience in financial modeling and financial planning and analysis, and a understanding of Accounting, Tax and Treasury
- Experience managing analysis of complex or ambiguous problem spaces spanning multiple organizations
- Experience facilitating across multiple organizations or working teams
- Experience addressing strategic and operational challenges and evaluating options from a variety of lenses
- Working knowledge of best practices in gathering, analyzing, and applying data to inform strategic direction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and can participate in healthy constructive debate
- Experience working with senior leaders across organizations
- Familiarity with common business and operating models in the gaming industry
- Passionate about games and customer experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and making decisions that prioritizes the delight of players and game developers. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).