This job might no longer be available.
Senior Business Development Manager
7 months ago
We are looking for an Senior Business Development Manager to develop and drive new opportunities and support our monetization efforts for Riot’s European esports business. You have relevant experience in structuring and executing commercial approach with sports or esports related industries.
You will be a part of the Berlin-based Business Development and you will report to the Head of Business Development and Sponsorship. You will work closely with Broadcast and League Management teams and collaborate with a broad range of Riot functions and leaders across Europe.
- Identify and evaluate appropriate business opportunities for Riot’s EU Esports, conduct due diligence, and make recommendations with local and international esports teams
- Support and work on all phases of a deal process:
- Source new business opportunities
- Develop business opportunities for internal consideration and approval
- Draft deal structure and provide financial analysis
- Collaborate with other diverse teams within Riot to accomplish the deal
- Guide our EU esport merchandising approach in partnership with our Global and European Merchandising team
- Follow up on royalty statements and monitor partner payment compliance
- Oversee activities with Riot’s regional local broadcast partners (i.e. Web TVs, TV and Telco partners) and our OTT Pan-European approach in partnership with our Global digital team
- Maintain deep understanding and current awareness of the esports, sports and entertainment industry
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience in successfully structuring, negotiating and closing deals with industry partners in the esports, sport or entertainment industries
- You are a natural networker with contacts across agencies and major commercial partners within Europe and experience with broadcast licenses, partnerships, and joint ventures
- You enter negotiations fully informed about internal considerations, knowing how to navigate the situation to best settle differences and, ideally, win concessions
- Experience in driving a product from creative conception all the way to market launch in partnership with other Rioters and agency partners
- You’ve got an eye for radical new placements and a bead on what opportunities will level up the EU esport experience
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!