Senior Backend Engineer
15 days ago
At Unity, we are passionate about gaming, and we love that we provide professional and indie creators with the leading platform to bring their ideas to life. Monthly, billions of gamers around the world discover incredible games that are Made with Unity, contributing to the success of developers and the delight of game players.
We want to go one step further. We believe that the world is a better place with more creators in it, and we see that players themselves are becoming the creators of the future.
We are on a mission to enable every player to play, create and share games on the biggest platform possible: Your phone.
Join our new team and help us building the biggest platform to create and play games on mobile.
What you’ll be doing
- Building up and maintaining a backend architecture that is supposed to serve billions of players
- Ensuring a seamless integration of the platform backend into our mobile frontend with an emphasis on scalability
- Owning the delivery & quality of all our backend services
- Ensuring a reliable operation of all our backend services
What we’re looking for
- Good knowledge of NodeJS and TypeScript
- Good understanding of RESTful web services, GraphQL and PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of the AWS ecosystem, such as S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS and Serverless
- Knowledge of monitoring tools, such as Datadog
- Understanding of CI / CD tools, such as GitHub Actions
You might also have
- An understanding of what makes a great user experience
- Experience with integrating web services into mobile clients
- Experience with game backends and related challenges, such as real-time multiplayer services
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.