Senior Backend Engineer
8 days ago
PLAYSTUDIOS is the developer of award-winning casual games for mobile and social platforms, including POP! Slots, myVEGAS Slots, myVEGAS Blackjack, and my KONAMI Slots. The apps are powered by the company’s groundbreaking playAWARDS loyalty platform, which enables players to earn real-world rewards from more than 70 iconic hospitality, entertainment, and leisure brands across 15 countries and four continents. playAWARDS partners include MGM Resorts International, Wolfgang Puck, Norwegian Cruise Line, Resorts World, Gray Line Tours, and Hippodrome Casino, among others. Founded by a team of veteran gaming, hospitality, and technology entrepreneurs, PLAYSTUDIOS apps combine the best elements of popular social games with exciting casino gaming mechanics. To learn more about PLAYSTUDIOS, visit www.playstudios.com
PLAYSTUDIOS is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to join the server development team in Austin. This role focuses on creating and improving server-side systems.
Millions of people play our games daily. The Austin team builds reliable, large-scale production systems that deliver that gameplay, supporting systems, and the tools to manage them. Usability and stability underpin every decision we make and we’re looking for someone who can help us build solutions to delight our users.
The Senior Backend Engineer will work directly with business stakeholders to define features, project managers to scope and schedule deliverables and QA testers to achieve high-quality products.
PLAYSTUDIOS has a deep passion for quality and we want someone with a high personal bar.
- Develop server-side systems using C# for our suite of online social casino games.
- Design cloud-native solution for hybrid clouds.
- Combine sophisticated social-gaming elements into the games.
- Collaborate with game designers and mathematicians.
- Work with project manager to break down high-level goals into tasks and timelines.
- Advocate for advancing software development practices.
- Mentor less experienced engineers in software engineering best practices.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional software development.
- Expert knowledge of C# 7+.
- Track record of delivering solutions using microservices, containers, and events.
- Experience with LINQ, functional programming, or the use of first-class functions.
- Thorough understanding of HTTP technologies and REST/JSON interfaces.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Proven ability to build high-quality products.
- BS in Computer Science or similar.
- Professional experience with F#.
- Game development experience with shipped titles.
- Experience architecting highly scalable backend systems.
- Experience using both SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Functional programming experience.
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% health benefit coverage for you and your dependents!
- Performance-based bonuses.
- 401K plan and stock options.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Great downtown Austin location with extensive nearby dining options and vibrant nightlife.
- Employee-driven entertainment, happy hours, and team-building events.
- Snacks and drinks are available in the kitchen.
- Casual work environment.
- An open, collaborative workspace.
PLAYSTUDIOS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.