Senior Audio Software Engineer
10 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As an Audio Software Engineer, you’ll be working in our core game engine to contribute to the overall technical vision and execution of our upcoming Immersive Audio streaming platform. Think of simulating 10k users cheering during a concert –with acoustics that sound differently automatically based on if it’s an indoor or outdoor concert- while performers create compelling new music experiences. Or being able to broadcast a live sport event to millions of watchers in the metaverse. Or enabling the latest summer hit movie to debut on Roblox. If you are excited about creating the new technology to support all those use cases and make sure it scales to our 6M+ concurrent users, this is the right job for you!
- Battle ready: You have already worked on a real time audio system for a large consumer application and are not afraid of any part of the technical stack (sound design, signal processing, encoding, transport, transcoding, etc…).
- Experienced: You have 3+ years of experience developing complex immersive/interactive applications (or AAA games) and are passionate about immersive audio and acoustic simulation. You have a BS in a STEM related field.
- Knowledgeable: In addition to a very good understanding of audio/video real time delivery, you have a deep knowledge of the physics of sound propagation and the needs of sound designers. You love to pick up new technologies as the landscape evolves.
- Versatile: You can easily adapt to any situation when the need arises and come up with the right solution.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems. Bringing real time streaming to build an immersive 3D world should get you thinking about a ton of problems to solve… and really excited as a result.
- Help implement our next gen real time immersive audio simulation platform.
- Adapt performance for the best quality on all platforms from low end phones to high end desktops.
- Take a practical approach to apply research efforts into the Roblox products.
- Collaborate with different teams to improve existing and develop new functionality, pipelines, and workflows.
- Be guided by the company vision to put the Roblox community first.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.