Senior Audio Designer
5 days ago
Obsidian Entertainment is seeking a creative Senior Audio Designer to join our development team in creating our next great fantasy RPG.
Audio Designers work closely in strike teams with other developers to provide ownership from concept to final execution.
Each Audio Designer has full end-to-end ownership of their content and implementation. Audio Designers also contribute to multiple areas of the game via regular group design sessions allowing them to influence audio content in areas that may be outside of their direct tasking.
Our Senior Audio Designer will work closely with the Audio Director to help mentor and provide secondary leadership to the audio team.
- 5+ years of experience as an audio designer for video games and one shipped title
- Experience with Nuendo/Cubase or Reaper
- Experience designing, implementing, and coordinating systems with game design teams
- Record, edit, design, and organize assets for use in a fantasy universe
- Help develop mix awareness and skills of the audio team, adhering to mix standards through development
- Work closely with the project audio director and strike team leads to design systems, assist production planning, and integrate content
- Record relevant meeting notes on issues that may impact the audio team or raise awareness of strike team progress
- Create documentation and wiki tutorials related to system designs when necessary
- Contribute recordings and design elements to a custom Soundminer library, integrating new source into databases and applying metadata
- Represent Obsidian audio in Microsoft audio meetings as part of the greater Microsoft audio community (GAM)
- Intimate knowledge integrating audio into Unreal Engine 4 using middleware integrations like Wwise
- Comfortable troubleshooting and optimizing audio resources without frequent code support or intervention
- Familiarity with Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Post-production experience in other media such as television or film
- A college degree or equivalent in audio-related studies
- Excited to learn new tools and technology as part of the larger Microsoft organization
- Development experience with RPGs and a love for the RPG genre
- An online, video portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in sound design
- Portfolios showing recording/design workflow and implementation ingenuity
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.