This job might no longer be available.
Senior Audio Designer - BioWare
17 days ago
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
You are an experienced sound designer and gamer who has a unique commitment to making worlds come alive. You are a story-teller who believes that immersion is enhanced by a detailed, contextual soundtrack. You flourish when you are a part of a highly motivated team that collaborates in a trustworthy, creative environment. You strive to improve and better understand your craft and possess an overwhelming drive to create a world-class audio experience.
- Design, create and deliver an innovative sound design that helps create amazing worlds for our players .
- Imagine, build, and implement your audio designs to deliver immersive, meaningful aesthetic behaviours.
- Embrace the established BioWare audio model of teamwork throughout the development process.
- At least 2 years industry experience – has created sound, and/or music, hands-on for at least one AAA console titles.
- Proven experience with and a strong understanding of the entire audio process, including sound effects, voice-over, music, and middleware implementation.
- Proficient command of sound design & mixing with a variety of techniques, processes, and tools – able to competently produce any kind of audio required for a given task.
- Familiarity with Wwise, Fmod, or similar authoring environment - a grasp of programming fundamentals as they apply to scripting dynamic audio is a bonus.
- Field Recording experience – a passion for unique, inspired recordings with knowledge of recording gear, microphones, and techniques.
- Strong problem-solving skills – able to accurately assess issues and formulate creative solutions, whether design or technical.
- Excellent communication skills – showing humility in exposing roadblocks or requesting assistance.
- Great team attitude – open to collaboration and sharing - you are receptive to changes and direction in this dynamic atmosphere.
- A passion for video games and understanding of the role that audio plays in the player experience.