Senior Associate Engineer
10 days ago
Job Title:Senior Associate Engineer
Job Title: Senior Associate Engineer
Reporting to: Associate Principal
Department: Central Tech
Location: Redmond, WA
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprised of seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the U.S., and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while also researching new approaches to solve the needs of the game studios. To learn more about us and our research, please visit https://research.activision.com/.
The Activision Central Technology (CT) team is seeking an engineer with a pipeline and systems optimization focus. The role is centered around iteration time improvements in direct support of the Activision game studios (Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Sledehammer, etc.) developing the Call of Duty titles, meaning that while the core of the work is in an implementation capacity, the role can extend to some research and development efforts according to shifting priorities.
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Refactoring, modularizing, parallelizing, and optimizing existing pieces of our toolchain
- Working with other engineers and content creators to determine necessary features of the pipeline and ensuring they remain functional throughout your modifications
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of our toolset and its functionality
- Develop an understanding of the current content creator workflows and determine the smoothest path for how they may need to be adapted to changing systems
- Be a first point of contact for the studios for any issues that may arise with the systems you have worked on
- Identify opportunities for higher order workflow enhancement, rather than mere optimization of existing pathways
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong enough C/C++ skills to be able to adapt to any imperative language
- Generalist programming and system architecture skills
- Familiarity with multi-threaded systems
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.