1 month ago
As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, BC's Best Workplaces, and most recently ranked one of Canada's Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead Games is seeking enthusiastic, talented, and experienced 3D Artists (Generalists) to apply for future roles. This is a call for applicants who have an above-average understanding of current and emerging 3D modelling trends to create visually striking game art.
We're always looking for creative talent to join our future projects. As we build our teams for upcoming projects at Hothead Games, we'd love to see your portfolio.
What You'll Do:
- Be part of a small dynamic cross-functional game team to create exceptional mobile game assets in a timely manner
- Produce art according to the project limitations
- Become familiar with graphic references and adapt styles according to project needs
- Research different art styles suitable to our game’s genre and provide exploratory conceptual illustrations
- Create worlds or characters in both 2D and 3D capacity
- Contribute ideas toward overall visual development, brings a diverse artistic range to the table
- Collaborate closely with the programmers to define technically and visually satisfying solutions
- Collaborate with team members to evolve or improve the processes of creating and integrating art
- Be a positive and creative force on the team
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of industry experience with mobile development
- Technical knowledge of 3D art asset implementation
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency with Maya
- Thorough knowledge of 2D art creation/manipulation packages, including but not limited to Photoshop
- Solid experience with Unity and 2D/3D art integration
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Art or related
- Technical artist knowledge and/or experience
Remember to submit a portfolio of your work showcasing a wide breadth of styles - if you are considering an exciting change ahead, we'd love to see what you have to offer.
Our full-time permanent positions are at our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street in beautiful Coal Harbour. At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace, and during the Covid-19 pandemic the successful candidate will have the option to work from home. Compensation includes a competitive salary, vacation time, and extended health coverage. Cool perks include snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learns, beer Fridays, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all—amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games. If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.