12 days ago
The goal at XR Games is to be the best developer of VR titles in the world.
We are a multi award-winning game development studio that specialises in immersive VR games. The studio has a history of full-scale development from concept through to submission, working with prestigious partners such as Sony Pictures VR, Meta, and Rovio Entertainment.
Since 2020 our team has grown from 20 full-time members to almost 100 by the close of 2022, due to the success and critical acclaim of our previous projects such as Zombieland: Headshot Fever and The Angry Birds Movie 2 VR: Under Pressure.
Throughout 2023 & 2024 our team will be working on multiple major projects with recognisable IPs and licences as we continue to grow and invest in our future.
We’re now looking for an experienced Senior Animator who can work across multiple exciting VR projects.
The right person for this role will have significant experience in a AAA games environment with shipped titles to your name.
- Production of high quality keyframe animation for video games
- Work with the Concept, Design, and Art team to collaboratively bring characters to life.
- Contribute to the design and execution of complex gameplay systems
- Define how elements within projects will interact, build, transition and function from the concept stage to final implementation
- Implement animations into engine with full ownership of your work
- Be heavily involved in the continued development of tools and pipeline processes, maintaining an understanding of industry best practices
- Meet production schedules and deadlines
- Strong knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya & Motionbuilder
- 5+ years industry experience with at least 1 shipped AAA title
- Strong understanding of character animation pipelines
- Experience with Git and other version control systems
- Creative attitude to problem-solving
- Ability to work as part of a team and take an initiative
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
Our studio is based in Leeds with a hybrid-working setup as standard. We do accommodate fully remote team members if we need to and will assist financially with relocation for those looking to do so.
As well as a competitive salary our package includes:
- 25 days holiday
- +1 extra birthday holiday
- Access to Currys Techscheme
- Access to a private healthcare plan
- Total 8% shared contribution pension
Have you made it this far?
If you’re still reading, we think there’s a strong chance you might be our kind of person.
Here’s the thing, though — research suggests that 60% of women and underrepresented folks might have already talked themselves out of applying. Even if you don’t check every box above, we want to encourage you to introduce yourself.
We believe a diversity of perspectives and experiences makes a team stronger — and the stronger our team, the closer we are to developing the best VR games possible.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.