5 days ago
All right, seriously you wankers, what the f is going on!?” - Hoxton
Starbreeze is now looking for talented Senior Animators to join our award-winning team in Stockholm, for the next generation of Payday.
As a Senior Animator at Starbreeze, you will be responsible for developing stunning animations that are both fluid and responsive . You’ll play a crucial role when it comes to tying together gameplay, storytelling and character performance. You’ll be responsible for pitching ideas and creating prototypes, and might even be part of directing the actors and stuntmen during motion capture sessions. Ultimately, you’ll bring polish to the final stage, and bring life-like animations to the game.
- Collaborate with production leadership to drive animation quality within the Payday franchise, balancing performance, quality, scheduling and technical requirements;
- Work with the producers and department leadership to hire, mentor, guide and manage the growth of our animation team;
- Drive the evolution of the strategy for animation pipelines, establishing efficient procedures for animation and character quality that benefits the integrity of the animations across the studio;
- Create compelling character performances, utilizing both key-framed and motion capture techniques to compliment the game design and promote the artistic vision of the Payday universe.
- At least 5+ years experience leading or influencing animation creation within the game industry;
- At least 2+ years of experience working in AAA games;
- You are an experienced Maya and equally comfortable in MotionBuilder, with an expert understanding of animation principles;
- Practical knowledge of state machines and motion trees and a passion for cutting-edge animation technology;
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills;
- A passion for video games and user interface design.
Good to Have:
- Experience and knowledge of the Unreal game engine;
- We also consider storyboarding skills as strong positives.
To Be Successful in this position you are:
- Equally competent in tweening as you are with parametric blend spaces.
Still reading? Good...because here’s the good part of this job ad:
We live and die by gameplay. And while we grow we want you to grow with us, evolving in your professional development whilst making our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and animation reel, and look forward to meeting you. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and cover letter in English. All applications must include a resumé and cover letter to be considered.