8 days ago
Smilegate Barcelona is expanding, and we are looking to add a Senior Animator to our talented animation team here in Barcelona!
The Senior Animator develops complex animation assets for gameplay and cinematics, using keyframe and motion capture techniques. They collaborate closely with tech animation to develop tools and pipelines and gameplay teams to execute the production's creative vision into Unreal engine.
You will be involved generating ideas and developing plans to implement them. You should also be able to coach less experienced team members and be proficient at communication and collaboration to align stakeholders with your ideas and plans.
What the role involves:
- Produce in-game body and facial animations using keyframe or mocap data techniques to the highest standards of fidelity and style as demanded by the project.
- Work with design teams and provide initial ideas rapidly to create elegant, approachable, and compelling animation that is contextual to the creative goal of a project.
- Take ownership of a section of animation production from early pre-visualisation to final polish.
- Work with the production team to assist in planning and scheduling animation production, demonstrating strong time management skills to ensure tasks are completed on schedule to required standard.
- Implement animations into Unreal 5 and liaise where necessary with the technical animator/designer/programmer to facilitate this.
- Comprehend and execute direction from Lead Animator or Animation Director.
- May supervise the work of entry, mid and mid-high level animators at the discretion of the Animation Director;
- Research and share knowledge of existing animation techniques and game development working practices
- 6 years experience in AAA video games and at least one AAA shipped title
- High-level of expertise animating in Maya
- Equal level of expertise using keyframe or mocap techniques
- Experience animating facial animation, either keyframe or facial captures
- Experience implementing animations in Unreal engine is a plus
- Experience animating cinematics is a bonus
- Good level of English verbal and written communication skills.
- A good eye for anatomy and animation.
- Highly self-motivated, collaborative, and positive attitude
- Passion for games
Aiming to create best-in-class experiences that last forever in players' memories, a team of Game Industry veterans is building a new AAA Open World game studio in Barcelona, backed by a quality-first market-leading publisher and developer. If you are an experienced team player who loves game creation, values autonomy within a multi-national team, and would welcome the challenge of building new IPs and career-defining games - get in touch!
Your life at Smilegate Barcelona (and perks)
- Ticket Restaurant: approx. 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- 23 vacation days per year + Winter Break (24/12-02/01)
- Private Health insurance, including dental coverage.
- Hybrid Work with Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- Develop your career working on a super exciting project with a talented team
- Fully stocked studio kitchen (Nescafe coffee, organic fruits, snacks, and beverages).
- Incredible office in Barcelona in the heart of 22@ (games room, shower, auditorium, canteen, gym, etc.) 15 min to the beach and 1 min to Glories Mall.
- Team Building Events.
- Cafeteria Plan Year allowance for Wellness and IT Equipment.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.