28 days ago
Phoenix Labs is looking to hire a Senior-level Character/Creature Animator to join our Vancouver team. As one of our first animators on this project, the successful candidate will help define the animation style and develop core animation content for an original IP title.
This is a full-time, permanent position. & applicants must live within commuting distance to Phoenix Labs’ Vancouver studio. Phoenix Labs is following local government guidelines for each of its studios in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic, but we expect the successful candidate to work onsite when we return to normal work conditions.
- Work with directors in defining the animation style for an original IP title.
- Produce character and creature animation to support all aspects of the game.
- Create convincing performances and complex combat movements.
- Coordinate with programmers and designers to create visually appealing gameplay.
- 5+ years experience in video game development.
- Experience tracking and ensuring the quality of large amounts of animation content.
- Experience with creature and character animation.
- Strong knowledge of Maya or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of 3d animation and performance principles.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Dynamic problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team.
- The ability to take and provide constructive feedback.
- Experience with engines such as Unreal, Unity, or modern proprietary equivalents
- Experience with character or creature modeling.
- Rigging knowledge.
- Familiarity with iterative workflow and principles.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.
Phoenix Labs is headquartered in Vancouver, BC, with studios in Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.
Learn more about our values->