10 days ago
JOB TITLE: Senior Animator
LOCATION: Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Lead Animator
What We Need:
We are looking for a talented and reliable colleague for production of animations. Animator is responsible for creation of computer animations of characters and objects based on the screenplay of the game and for their resulting quality and functionality in the game. Based on his/her skills and focus, s/he specializes in game animations of characters and objects and in visual effects, and facial animations.
What You Will Do:
- Precise processing of animations in the quality required by the given project
- Adaptation to the concept and style of the project
- Search for new solutions and improvements in the process of animation
- Self-education related to animations and keeping track of new trends in the industry
- Working closely with the animation team, the lead animator, cinematic editors, and producer
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Impressive animation reel demonstrating strong animation ability
- Knowledge of classic animation principles, body mechanics, acting, posing, and storytelling techniques
- Knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder
- Communicative knowledge of English
- Knowledge of computer games
Nice to Have:
- Experience with motion capture
- Experience in the game industry
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello, …)
- Interest in developing video games
- Personal skills
- Team player
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Proactive approach
- Willingness to continuously develop his/her skills
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile-long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.