Senior Animation Engineer
4 months ago
Red Storm Entertainment is looking for a Senior Animation Engineer to create animation systems and support tools for next-generation games. This individual will work closely with other engineers and other departments to facilitate the use of these tools and implementation of these systems in the development of games for a AAA franchise.
- Analyze and determine if current animation functionalities in the game meet the project’s requirements
- Working closely with designers and gameplay programmers to implement gameplay interactions using animation technology, such as character locomotion
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, and assist the lead with planning and review of features and mentoring less experienced programmers
- Implement innovative solutions to feature requests, taking into account performance, maintainability and appropriate resource usage
- Participate in the definition of coding practices and ensure coding standards are followed with regular code reviews
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and analyze technical constraints and establish solutions
- Demonstrate an understanding of load and feature testing, write test code, and develop test frameworks and processes
- Stay up-to-date with state-of-the-art technology and promote its use within the studio
- Integrate large-scale modules or components while minimizing the impact on the rest of the programming team
- Contribute to and on occasion lead cross-studio collaboration communications in conjunction with the Lead Programmer
- Establish and maintain contact with their counterparts within the studio, share knowledge and best practices, and put those learnings to use on their projects
- Involved in the optimization of systems Skills and Knowledge
Skills and Knowledge:
- Significant knowledge of character animation, IK, procedural or physics-based animation
- Strong mathematics and physics skills
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with excellent knowledge of object-oriented development including design patterns and UML
- Extensive experience working with a large game codebase, and it's modules, middleware and associated pipeline
- Deep understanding of software performance considerations, with ability to design and implement well performance systems/features
- Significant knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and their application
- Proven ability to analyze unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand, extend, refactor and optimize an existing module
- Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity, including memory related issues, multi-threading, and assembly level debugging
- In-depth knowledge of different software development methods such as Test-Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc.
- Understanding of the constraints and technical requirements for console platform development within their area
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to mentor others Relevant Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent experience
- 6+ years commercial software development experience with significant involvement in multiple published games in a relevant programming capacity is a major plus
- Experience working with at least one modern console platform is an advantage
- Experience with profiling tools
- Experience working in a multi-site collaboration environment is a plus
- Experience with Havok Behavior, Natural Motions’ Morpheme or similar animation middleware is an advantage
- Subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Flexible work schedule
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is one of the world's biggest creators, publishers and distributors of videogames and interactive services. The group has a broad portfolio of internationally renowned brands such as Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six...
Supported by a worldwide network of studios and distribution subsidiaries, the teams at Ubisoft are dedicated to offering players original and unforgettable game experiences on all popular platforms, including consoles, smartphones, tablets and PCs.