Senior Analyst, Commercial Finance
San Mateo, CA, United States
16 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Analyst, Commercial Planning
San Mateo, CA
The Senior Analyst, Commercial Finance will be responsible for strategy, commercial finance, and business development analysis supporting delivery of Sony PlayStation Worldwide Studios strategy with a focus on growth into new business models and IP expansion. We are looking for a candidate that brings knowledge of and experience in gaming industry into the role gained either in other gaming companies or consulting roles. The role will also provide finance support to any projects resulting from execution of WWS strategy, for example IP licensing, strategic partnerships, M&A activity or external contracting. Given the dynamic nature of the role responsibilities describe below not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned. This role will report to Commercial Finance Director of Worldwide Studios and be preferably based out of San Mateo, CA.
- Finance analysis, market research supporting development of Worldwide Studios strategy
- Financial modelling and valuation supporting execution of business development projects
- Financial valuation and analysis for the projects resulting from execution of strategy, for example external partnerships, IP licensing, M&A activity
- Support WWS in defining business models for the key strategic initiatives: such as expansion into new business models and IP expansion
- Performing data analysis and translating them into insights and findings as well as storytelling-style presentations for internal and external to WWS stakeholders
- Create and own complex financial models to support key strategic initiatives and decisions
- Lead and manage improvement projects within WWS Finance
- Perform industry research and benchmarking analysis of the gaming industry
- Finance support to IP expansion projects (into television, motion pictures, animated pictures) – performing financial analysis, contracting support and facilitating governance process (approvals etc.); liaising with business affairs and finance teams in other parts of the Sony organization
- At least 5 years of business analysis, commercial finance (valuation, modelling, market analysis, contracting) and strategy and business development experience
- Experience in gaming industry and/or in consulting is an advantage
- BA/BS in business, finance, economics or related field; MBA and/or CFA designation preferred
- Self-starter, showing initiative, able to work independently
- Passion and energy for working in gaming industry
- Strong ability and willingness to do detailed work and complex financial analysis
- Strong ability to translate analysis into insights and findings and storytelling-style presentations
- Good communication and presentation skills, including proficiency in Power Point
- Excellent data analysis and financial modeling skills, including proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, working through uncertainty under various time constraints
- Strong work ethic and confidentiality a must
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross functional teams
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.