Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
16 days ago
Xsolla is investing in bright, agile, and diverse talent to contribute to our mission. We’re actively seeking an experienced Senior Accounts Payable Specialist to join the accounting team at our global organization. This role will be responsible for multiple accounting functions with an emphasis on Accounts Payable and is a hybrid opportunity.
The chosen candidate will be able to commute to our Sherman Oaks HQ regularly with a flexible work schedule.
- Responsible for the full-cycle Accounts Payable process and is deemed the subject matter expert for the purchase to pay function
- Remains current on Accounts Payable best practices
- Ensure invoices are properly approved, properly coded (correct GL, correct period, department, cost center, etc.) and are entered in the system timely
- Ensure invoices are paid using proper payment terms as defined by vendor contracts or corporate policy
- Maintain schedule of recurring payments
- Prepare the weekly check-run file using the accounting system and by validating all invoices and proper approvals have been scanned into the system
- Oversee vendor and internal communication and resolve outstanding issues in a timely manner
- Manage new vendor setups via new vendor request form and ensure a W9 or W8-BEN has been collected if required before account is created
- Prepare month-end close accrual entries and review P&L to ensure all Prepaids, Fixed Assets have been correctly posted
- Perform month-end close process including account analysis, account reconciliation and resolution of stale dated transactions
- Annual 1099 reporting requirements
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems, policies & procedures to ensure timely, consistent, and efficient workflow
- Strive to automate manual AP processes
- Mentor Jr. AP Clerk in our Malaysia office
- Ad hoc and special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or other similar discipline
- 5+ years of previous accounting and reporting experience with a background in Accounts Payable
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of payables procedures and full cycle accounting practices
- Prior process improvement and development experience
- Experience in fast-paced work environments managing multiple projects and consistently achieving deadlines -- an ownership mindset is must
- Ability to work independently and well as participate in department and cross functional teamsResourceful at resolving issues and using resources to resolve big or small issues.
- Detailed-oriented, accurate and dependable
- Customer service mentality when interacting with partners, vendors and employees
- Self-starter, independent-worker, proactive and take initiative to take on new projects
- Experience with ERP systems is a must and experience with NetSuite a plus
At Xsolla, we know it isn’t just about the paycheck. That’s why our Benefits Program is designed to meet and enhance our team’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Our Benefits Program includes 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for full-time employees AND their families! Additionally, disability and life insurance are company-paid. Chiropractic coverage and flexible spending accounts are there for you, should you need them. And our 401(k) retirement plan includes a company match to help you plan for the future.
Burnout is bad for people and bad for business. That’s why we offer unlimited Flexible Time Off and 14 paid holidays each year.
We are all about personal and professional growth! Every Xsolla employee has a customized career roadmap, curated by the employee alongside their manager, that helps align company goals with individualized personal goals. In an effort to foster your growth at Xsolla, we offer opportunities for in-house training, independent study, conference attendance, and higher education.
Xsolla is a global video game commerce company with a robust and powerful set of tools and services designed specifically for the video game industry. Since its founding in 2005, Xsolla has helped thousands of game developers and publishers of all sizes fund, market, launch and monetize their games globally and across multiple platforms. As an innovative leader in game commerce, Xsolla’s mission is to solve the inherent complexities of global distribution, marketing, and monetization to help our partners reach more geographies, generate more revenue and create relationships with gamers worldwide. Headquartered and incorporated in Los Angeles, California, with offices in Berlin, Seoul, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, and cities around the world, Xsolla supports major gaming titles like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games, KRAFTON, Nexters, NetEase, Playstudios, Playrix, miHoYo, Pearl Abyss, NCSoft, and more.
For additional information and to learn more, please visit: xsolla.com
Xsolla is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on the following: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, mental and physical, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, and any other terms deemed by the State of California.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Xsolla takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. For more information related to GDPR or CCPA please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Longevity Opportunity Vision Enjoy the game!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.