23 days ago
Xsolla is investing in bright, agile, and diverse talent to contribute to our mission. We’re actively seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join the accounting team at our global organization. This role will be responsible for multiple accounting functions for our Holding Company.
The chosen candidate will be able to readily and regularly commute to our Sherman Oaks Headquarters.
- Assist in the ownership of the general ledger and the month-end close process related to corporate accounting, including the preparation and review of journal entries and account analysis for key balance sheet and expense accounts
- Provide the highest level of internal and external customer service; respond to internal and external inquiries regarding accounting related activities, and utilize judgment to address or escalate issues as necessary
- Assist in the review of contracts and other transactions for appropriate accounting treatment
- Support annual internal and external audits, including the preparation of audit schedules, financial statements and footnotes
- Help define, document and execute proper internal controls for accounting functions
- Play a key role in general process improvements and process documentation for all facets of the accounting cycles
- Conduct monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and general ledger maintenance
- Assist in the research and documentation of new standards and other technical accounting matters, processes and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP
- Liaise with tax, legal, corporate finance, accountants, and other relevant departments to ensure that disclosure documents are accurately reported
- Responsible for cash management reporting
- Participate in the management company close process, including assisting with the accounting for KPI-based compensation, long term incentive plans, debt obligations
- Participate in special ad hoc projects and analysis to support the senior and executive management teams as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance (or related field) CPA preferred
- 5+ years of progressive finance or accounting experience (preferably 2+ years' public accounting experience)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, regulatory reporting requirements, account analysis, and accounting policy
- Strong ability to interpret and apply GAAP accounting guidance
- Solid reconciliation and analytical skills to understand and resolve complex problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to successfully participate in and lead projects involving cross-functional teams
- Understanding of accounting compliance and reporting standards
- NetSuite experience is a preferred
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail-oriented mindset, and a high sense of urgency
- Strong work ethic with the ability and flexibility to work extended hours during critical periods such as month and year-ends
- Committed team player
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively both individually and as a team
- Big 4 experience (a plus)
At Xsolla, we know it isn’t just about the paycheck. That’s why our Benefits Program is designed to meet and enhance our team’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Our Benefits Program includes 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for full-time employees AND their families! Additionally, disability and life insurance are company-paid. Chiropractic coverage and flexible spending accounts are there for you, should you need them. And our 401(k) retirement plan includes a company match to help you plan for the future.
Burnout is bad for people and bad for business. That’s why we offer unlimited Flexible Time Off and 14 paid holidays each year.
We are all about personal and professional growth! Every Xsolla employee has a customized career roadmap, curated by the employee alongside their manager, that helps align company goals with individualized personal goals. In an effort to foster your growth at Xsolla, we offer opportunities for in-house training, independent study, conference attendance, and higher education.
Xsolla is a global video game commerce company with a robust and powerful set of tools and services designed specifically for the video game industry. Since its founding in 2005, Xsolla has helped thousands of game developers and publishers of all sizes fund, market, launch and monetize their games globally and across multiple platforms. As an innovative leader in game commerce, Xsolla’s mission is to solve the inherent complexities of global distribution, marketing, and monetization to help our partners reach more geographies, generate more revenue and create relationships with gamers worldwide. Headquartered and incorporated in Los Angeles, California, with offices in Berlin, Seoul, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, and cities around the world, Xsolla supports major gaming titles like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games, KRAFTON, Nexters, NetEase, Playstudios, Playrix, miHoYo, Pearl Abyss, NCSoft, and more.
For additional information and to learn more, please visit:
Xsolla is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on the following: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, mental and physical, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, and any other terms deemed by the State of California.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Xsolla takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. For more information related to GDPR or CCPA please reach out to email@example.com.
Longevity Opportunity Vision Enjoy the game!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.