29 days ago
Unity’s Accounting team is looking to hire a Senior Accountant who will be an integral part of our team. This role will have an immediate impact on our month-end close process as well as strengthening our overall accounting processes within the organization. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical with a strong attention to detail and be able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. The candidate should have general accounting knowledge and experience in some of the following areas: intercompany, treasury, operating expenses, capital expenditures, leasing and payroll among other topics.
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re redefining development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community. Inclusion at Unity is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity.
This is a hybrid position based in our Bangalore office. General working hours for this role will be 2pm-10pm IST during the weekdays.
What you'll be doing
- Conduct timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual close process
- Prepare and review journal entries and reconciliations
- Assist with monthly reporting flux analysis
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated financial statements/footnotes and SEC supporting deliverables for internal and external stakeholders
- Research and analyze complex accounting issues and provide recommendations to management for proper accounting treatment and potential impact on financial forecasts.
- Develop and implement process improvements, work on automation initiatives, and document standard operating procedures
- Support external / internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Support business partners (sales, finance, tax, legal) on new business launches and initiatives by advising on the accounting treatment
- Support management by completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks
- Provide best-in-class customer service to internal stakeholders
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Accounting
- 4-6 years of related experience
- Chartered Accountant, with strong background in US GAAP and SOX
- Strong team player that is willing to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Proven attention to detail
You might also have
- Adept at handling shifting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Proactive and eager to learn and try new things
- Ability to work with team members spread across geographies
- Experience with Workday Financials and/or Netsuite
- Knowledge of Excel at an intermediate level and BI tools such as Alteryx
- Relocation support is not available for this position.
- International relocation support is not available for this position.
- Work visa/immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Your privacy is important to us. Please take a moment to review our Prospect and Applicant Privacy Policies. Should you have any concerns about your privacy, please contact us at DPO@unity.com .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.