5 days ago
Linden Research, Inc. dba Linden Lab develops platforms that empower people to create, share, and benefit from virtual experiences. Founded in 1999, the company first launched Second Life, the groundbreaking virtual world enjoyed by millions around the globe, in 2003, which has since gone on to boast nearly two billion user creations and a vibrant $500 million (USD) economy. For more about Linden Lab, visit its website. Tilia Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Linden Research, Inc., and a licensed money transmitter in the U.S. Tilia Pay enables publishers of video games and virtual worlds to create in-world economies and monetize user interaction. Built from the ground up to be robust, flexible, and secure, Tilia Pay powers virtual economies of leading and cutting-edge publishers with hundreds of millions of dollars in circulation.
Linden Lab is looking for a versatile, quick learner who will be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. This position offers a lot of opportunities to branch out based on ability, and report directly to the Controller.
Responsible for full-cycle AR, maintaining the general ledger, account reconciliations, assisting with audit preparations and other management reports.
- Manage cash applications and customer payments.
- Generate invoices, account statements, AR Aging and AR reconciliations.
- Reconcile monthly data warehouse report to billing report.
- Assist with monthly close.
- Ensure accurate recording of all revenue-related transactions in accordance with US GAAP.
- Demonstrate comprehension of revenue recognition principles (ASC 606).
- Consolidate intercompany accounting and revenue accounting.
- Assist with audit and tax preparations, and other projects as needed; ad-hoc projects may include contract review, data quality assurance, and other support activities.
- Generate billings presentation.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity of financial data.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be detail-oriented and analytical.
- Ability to work independently under pressure and in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with members and employees at all levels in the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent training and experience.
- 3+ years professional experience in accounting and finance.
- 3+ years of NetSuite ERP.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, with emphasis on advanced Excel functions (vlookups, sumifs, and pivot tables).
No travel required.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Fine Print :
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.