Senior AI Designer
14 days ago
Cloud Chamber is looking for a Senior AI Designer to join our team to create industry-leading AI characters and combat gameplay. We would like for our newest teammate to be collaborative by nature and excited to share their experiences and ideas freely with the team. We hope to find a designer who is excited to push boundaries, and engage in innovative experiments to create novel gameplay experiences.
- Work with the Leads, Design Director, and the design team to pitch and develop interactive AI characters and execute the vision for the game
- Act as the primary owner of AI and combat implementation in cross-disciplinary pods
- Develop working prototypes of AI and combat scenarios
- Communicate progress, workflows and availability of AI and combat standards to content developers
- Maintain and tune assigned combat AI behavior and parameters through to project completion
- Create detailed and easy to follow design documentation
- Collaborate across development sites in Novato and Montreal on a day to day basis
- Expand and build on the ideas of player expression and emergent design experiences
- Use your creativity to execute on design goals and solve design challenges that push our games forward
- Participate in brainstorm sessions, refine, and execute on ideas within a schedule
- Collaborate with cross disciplinary teams to execute on design implementation and problem solving
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Shipped at least one triple-A title as a designer responsible for AI combatants
- 5+ years professional experience in video game design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with a variety of established game toolsets
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-site team setting
- Deep understanding of game mechanics, combat systems, and AI NPC design
- Fluent with game development tools, and experience with pipelines, standards and workflows
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with cross disciplinary groups
- Strong presentation skills
- Current knowledge of gaming industry development landscape, technology and tools
- Understanding of how AI, tactical space, and player verbs combine to create magic in both scripted and unscripted settings
- In-depth knowledge of industry standard AI, progression systems, and player mechanics features
We are Cloud Chamber : a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com email accounts.