Senior 3D Generalist
21 days ago
Job Title - Senior 3D Generalist
Reports Into - Creative Studio Lead
Location - Hybrid / Bangalore
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As our Senior 3D artist you’ll create highly attractive 3D and 2D in-game content to be used as part of our marketing efforts. You’ll work with other members of the team to maximise the commercial success of our games and company.
Your Team Mates
We’re imaginative talents who create 3D media content to create engaging playable and marketing ads in our efforts to boost the marketing performances for our Kwalee games. Our work gets audiences to connect with us, advertises our chart-topping games, and highlights Kwalee as a global games industry expert.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Creating new 3D and 2D in-game content for use in video and playable marketing creatives.
- Work in partnership with developers and the marketing team to design specialised assets for ad creative work.
- Making and breaking things in Unity.
- Participating in art reviews and being receptive to feedback and art direction.
- Troubleshooting any art issues from a creative and technical standpoint.
- Reduce costs and increase revenue to maximise profits.
- Report and communicate on a daily basis to the Lead Artist in all relevant matters that affect your job and work.
- Fully comply with the companies procedures, processes, strategies and tactics as may be issued from time to time
Your Hard Skills
- 3+ years of experience with 1 year mandatory experience in the gaming industry.
- Solid understanding of art and design fundamentals
- Good all rounder - ability to create game ready art assets in 2D as well as 3D, and can demonstrate it in a portfolio of work.
- A creative ‘indie’ mindset - you have the ability to quickly learn new tools and techniques and a willingness to dip your toes into a number of disciplines (UI/VFX/Animation etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Unity
- Ability to rapidly prototype ideas and good understanding of asset optimisation
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.