This job might no longer be available.
Senior 3D Character Artist
3 months ago
You no longer have to choose between the independence of a start-up and the stability of a corporation. We have it all. Together with the Sumo Group, we build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world's biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. You can do it with us! At PixelAnt Games you will work in a great atmosphere, with experts who trust you. They will give you the opportunity for growth, honest feedback and space for mistakes.
We’re still quite small, but growing smart. If you want to create the future of PixelAnt Games, now is a great time to join.
As a Senior 3D Character Artist you will:
- Create high-quality, realistic, and visually striking character and creature models, textures, and materials.
- Collaborate closely with the art director and other departments to bring characters to life, ensuring they align with the artistic vision and overall game design.
- Work closely with animators to ensure seamless integration of character assets into animations.
- Cooperate with technical artists and programmers to optimize character performance without losing quality.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in character art design and development, new technologies and techniques, and utilize this effectively in production.
What We Need You To Have:
- Experience in creating high-quality video game characters and creatures - minimum completed one AA+ game title, completed AAA title welcome.
- Strong understanding of human and animal anatomy, form, and proportion, and excellent artistic skills like a sense of form, colour, and materials. Also, the ability to analyze the concepts and references to achieve the highest quality.
- Advanced 3D experience with digital art content creation tools (Any 3d package, Zbrush, Photoshop, Adobe Substance package).
- Proficient in creating high-quality, efficient character topology suitable for animation and rendering.
- Familiarity with rigging and skinning characters for animation purposes.
- Strong ability to optimize character assets for performance without sacrificing quality.
- Experience with rigging and animation principles, ensuring characters are capable of expressive and believable movements.
- Excellent knowledge of PBR workflows and the ability to create detailed textures and materials.
- Very good English (at least b2).
- 2D experience, including designing and drawing, is a plus.
- Unreal Engine experience is a plus.
You will also need to:
- Have high communication skills, willingness, and ability to cooperate with representatives of other departments to achieve the highest quality of the project and provide guidelines, best practices, and documentation of workflows.
- Have excellent complex problem-solving skills across both artistic and technical disciplines.
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback.
- Be self-motivated and proactive, dedicated to improving your craft and passion for game development.
What We Offer:
- Possibility to work on one of 40+ titles (AA+ and AAA) that the Sumo group is developing
- Developing games in a crunch-free environment with very experienced colleagues in an open and respectful culture
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible forms of employment
- Fully transparent Annual Bonus Plan for everyone
- 50% tax relief for creative work
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Lux Med Platinum healthcare family package (highest available & fully covered)
- Office working/partly remote/fully remote
- Flexible working hours
- Clear Career Paths
- 5 paid Learning Days a year for self-development
- Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses and GDC Vault
- English group classes and/or 121 meetings with the teacher
- Team-driven initiatives (PAG Plays, team-building events, charity engagement)
- Development initiatives (Life Drawing, Game Jams)
- Mental health support activities (Yoga Classes, Well-being webinars)
- The best working tools of your choosing- a powerful workstation or a top gaming laptop
- Relocation package
- Home-office perks (ergonomic gaming chairs, adjustable desk)
- ...and much more
Can you spare us another 30 seconds?
Great, let's talk about ourselves quickly. We're ambitious game enthusiasts who are well-prepared to both have fun and work hard. We aim high, but we do not lose ourselves in the pursuit of success and further achievements. We love to learn! And over the years in the industry, we have learned that the best games are created by qualified, rested, treated with respect game developers.
Importantly, our work culture has been built on the basis of specific, true (and respected by us) values. The most important of these is "We never lie", so you can be sure that we have not overdone this announcement. We play by our own rules and we make games that we would like to play ourselves. We combine the game development world with the best software delivery practices to make it more predictable and reliable. All this helps us to bring fun back to game development! Will you help us?
Where do we stand on diversity?
We hope to bring together a diverse team of people with various backgrounds and experiences who will bring broader ideas, new perspectives, and different solutions to our table. Whoever you are, feel welcome and encouraged to apply.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.