This job might no longer be available.
2D Technical Art Lead
6 months ago
Mediatonic is one of the UK's largest independent game developers with around 200 people across 6 locations worldwide. With incredibly diverse games, from top-grossing mobile titles, to hardcore PC simulators, from major IPs to completely original titles.
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry.
We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
In the coming years, we have plans to grow across all our studios/locations, in order to achieve this we are looking to hire a 2D Technical Art Lead to join our London (or Madrid) Studio.
We are looking for a very passionate 2D Technical Artist to Lead and mentor a team of 3 to work on one of our top grossing mobile games.
This role is ideal for a current Team Lead looking for a new challenge or an existing Senior TA with the desire and skills to plan, motivate and mentor an existing team and where required grow the team. In addition to great knowledge of 2D pipeline workflow, part of this role will assist in the championing of 2D Technical Art across the wider Mediatonic group being the focal point for best practise and innovation.
The role is expected to be 75% hands on. 25% planning, mentoring.
- Push to fulfil creative aspirations. It’s a 2D project with elements of 3D, You will be looking to gain buy-in and seize opportunities to raise the visual quality bar.
- Planning and developing features with project leads and engineering teams
- Implement high quality game UI and other visuals, ensuring technical integrity and optimisation for mobile platforms
- Create and integrate visual FX and animations and plan workflows which allows the team to iterate and refine visual features
- Define standards and guidelines and mentor Junior Technical Artists
- An agile and practical approach.
- Prior experience working on 2D games
- Strong knowledge of Unity, especially Unity’s UI system
- Scripting knowledge of C# and/or Python
- Knowledge of shader programming, animation, performance and optimisation
- Exceptional eye for detail and quality
- Strong communication skills
- A portfolio of work
- Strong interest in UI/UX design principles
- Experience working with teams on 2D mobile games in a live ops environment
- Knowledge and interest in 3D art packages, pipelines and industry developments
- A passion for playing and making games!
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.