6 days ago
As a Scrum Master in Miniclip you will support the Product team in our Genoa (Italy) Games Development Studio in the successful production and timely release of our games, by building on the close relation between Agile development and release planning.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Guiding the teams and the Organisation in implementing Scrum and Agile: applying the practices and living up to its values.
- Being part of the team and guiding them on how to get the most out of self-organisation, mentoring on how to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum framework.
- Removing impediments and proactively procure to track and satisfy all product dependencies to ensure that all requirements are met in time for release.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, from core responsibilities such as backlog management/ maintenance to the usage of Agile practices such as User Stories.
- Facilitating Scrum events, discussion, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Providing all support to the teams by role-modelling the servant leadership style.
- Coaching the teams to higher levels of maturity.
- Forecasting releases by using several agile release planning techniques built on transparency.
- Fostering a culture with a healthy drive for delivering great products.
- Managing release roll-outs and addressing any emerging issues to mitigate impact on Product KPIs.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys working in a team with other people and is passionate and dedicated about his/her work. The ideal candidate will be strongly skilled in the following:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least one year in a software development team engaged in enacting Scrum principles and values.
- Knowledge and experience mentoring teams in broader Agile and engineering practices: User Stories, techniques for facilitating Sprint Retrospectives, whole team approach to testing and handling bugs, TDD, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, Pair Programming, etc.
- Drive for continuous improvement.
- Good knowledge in at least two of the Agile Coaching Framework tools: facilitation, mentoring, teaching or professional coaching; a strong level of either technical, business or transformation mastery.
- Good situational awareness and strict discipline in holding everyone in unconditional positive regard.
- Solid understanding of the Agile values and principles and how to apply them in different frameworks (Kanban, XP, Lean, etc).
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
- Strong technical background with experience in a software developer role.
- Agile certifications are welcome when accompanied by demonstrable examples of experience and acquired skills in helping enable teams in the Agile mindset.
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter in English.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION for Italy
You will be working in our Games Development Studio in Genova. Founded in 2004, the studio has developed over 400 games to date, and is filled with enthusiasts and professionals who are considered leaders in the games industry. We pride ourselves on maintaining a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun. We encourage employees to challenge colleagues at console games and Miniclip games or to shoot some pool.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 150 million monthly active users, across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the company has successfully grown a huge organic global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 45 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution and an internationally recognized brand name.
Leading franchises include 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™, Basketball Stars™, Soccer Stars™ and Agar.io™. In 2015, Agar.io was the #1 trending game on Google, and the third highest-trending search term overall.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com.