Scrum Master/ Release Manager
11 days ago
SCRUM MASTER/ RELEASE MANAGER
As a Scrum Master/ Release Manager in Miniclip's Agile Operations Team you will support the Product teams in the successful production and timely release of our games, by building on the close relation between Agile development and release planning.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Guiding the teams and the Organisation in implementing Scrum and Agile: applying the practices and living up to its values.
- Being part of the team and guiding them on how to get the most out of self-organisation, mentoring on how to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum framework.
- Removing impediments and proactively procure to track and satisfy all product dependencies to ensure that all requirements are met in time for release.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, from core responsibilities such as backlog management/ maintenance to the usage of Agile practices such as User Stories.
- Facilitating Scrum events, discussion, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Providing all support to the teams by role-modelling the servant leadership style.
- Coaching the teams to higher levels of maturity.
- Forecasting releases by using several agile release planning techniques built on transparency.
- Fostering a culture with a healthy drive for delivering great products.
- Managing release roll-outs and addressing any emerging issues to mitigate impact on Product KPIs.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys working in a team with other people and is passionate and dedicated about his/her work. The ideal candidate will be strongly skilled in the following:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least one year in a software development team engaged in enacting Scrum principles and values.
- Knowledge and experience mentoring teams in broader Agile and engineering practices: User Stories, techniques for facilitating Sprint Retrospectives, whole team approach to testing and handling bugs, TDD, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, Pair Programming, etc.
- Drive for continuous improvement.
- Good knowledge in at least two of the Agile Coaching Framework tools: facilitation, mentoring, teaching or professional coaching; a strong level of either technical, business or transformation mastery.
- Good situational awareness and strict discipline in holding everyone in unconditional positive regard.
- Solid understanding of the Agile values and principles and how to apply them in different frameworks (Kanban, XP, Lean, etc).
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
- Strong technical background with 3+ years of experience in a software developer role.
- Agile certifications are welcome when accompanied by demonstrable examples of experience and acquired skills in helping enable teams in the Agile mindset.
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter in English.
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan Studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area, fridge with complimentary drinks, snacks and fruit for all staff.
We also have a fantastic benefits package which includes comprehensive medical cover, gym membership, sport activities, as mental health activities, local discount packs, language lessons and time-off for voluntary work.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The Company develops, publishes, and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name.
To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™,
Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion
downloads. Miniclip has more than 60 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher.
This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential. In the past two years, as part of our ambitious growth plans, Miniclip has been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) to the Miniclip Group.