Researcher (Gameplay) - LoL, Insights
20 days ago
As a Researcher, you'll join the Insights discipline – the group of researchers, analysts, and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions. You'll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that will inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your applied or experimental research background coupled with your deep understanding of data will ensure that you're an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
As a Researcher on the League of Legends team, you'll work with a group of individuals who focus on enhancing core game systems and content to delight players for years to come. You will run surveys, perform playtests, analyze results, and present your findings to senior leaders to help shape gameplay strategy and guide a deeper understanding of how players engage with our core game systems. You will report to the Research Lead on LoL.
- Partner with LoL teams to produce insights that improve gameplay experiences
- Construct and perform studies designed to answer business, development, and usability questions
- Design and moderate labs, guiding participants through a set of tasks and prompting them for candid, relevant feedback
- Use your storytelling skills to share your results with stakeholders and other Rioters
- Two or more years of professional/academic experience in market research, behavioral or cognitive research, or user experience research
- Deep knowledge of League of Legends gameplay and metagame systems (e.g. how progression though ranked ladder works) OR experience working on gameplay research within the competitive genre
- Experience running playtests and usability tests in different paradigms, e.g. moderated/unmoderated testing, feature-specific testing, holistic and longitudinal testing
- Familiarity with basic statistical methods for data analysis (regressions, correlations, factor analyses)
- Familiar with SQL or other relational database approaches
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.