11 days ago
Rooster Teeth Animation is looking for a Rendering Supervisor to support the growth of our animation department! The ideal candidate has experience managing and improving a render farm in tandem with the needs of production. A strong candidate will have a proven track record of technical knowledge, interpersonal skills, and production experience to help the company fulfill its objectives.
- Manage render farm resources and maximize utilization
- Troubleshoot and correct failing render tasks
- Work closely with render wranglers and other stakeholders to ensure production needs are met
- Maintain documentation of tools and best-practices
- Prioritize farm usage across projects based on the needs of the studio
- Research and recommend technologies and strategies to improve the farm
- Provide support for render-time optimization
- Set up, maintain, and improve the performance of server-side software for render management
- Experience with render farm hardware and render farm management software
- Knowledge of Deadline or OpenCue preferred, but experience with Qube, Royal Render or other render management systems is acceptable
- Knowledgeable in 3D Content Creation Tools (Maya, 3DS Max, Nuke, etc.)
- Experience with scripting in Python
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with FX, Lighting and Compositing in Animation Productions
- Highly technical, capable of helping to debug render artefacts or render farm issues
- Experience using production tracking systems (Shotgun/Shotgrid) preferred
- Experience with software deployment systems like SmartDeploy preferred
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community-built entertainment company. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth Podcast, and daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and a world class animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth.com
hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com
We encourage individuals of all genders and historically underrepresented communities to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Rooster Teeth Productions, LLC. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.