This job might no longer be available.
Lead Rendering Software Engineer
13 days ago
For more than twenty years Criterion Games has entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our experienced people have expressed their passion for phenomenal game feel, AAA audio-visual quality, and technical innovation across many beloved franchises including Burnout, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront and Need for Speed.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the sixth year in a row, we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK.
We are looking for a Rendering Lead to work on the future of the Need for Speed franchise. Situated at our Guildford-based studio, you will report to the Technical Director and will lead a small team of creative and immensely accomplished software engineers, building upon the fantastic work we started on NFS Unbound. You will also work with the wider Frostbite team and collaborate with some industry known rendering experts.
- You will lead a team of rendering engineers, in which you will mentor and plan future work
- Work with Artists and Technical Artists to guide how we build our worlds and hit our memory, performance and visual quality targets
- Work with EA's Frostbite engine to utilise the latest technologies, coordinating and collaborating with other teams across EA
- Develop custom solutions to meet the needs of NFS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 5+ years Rendering engineering experience working on shipped titles
- C++ game engine knowledge
- People management experience
- DX12 or game console rendering API knowledge