13 days ago
The QA team at Build A Rocket Boy is expanding! We're looking for an experienced Release Manager to join us and take care of our release plan. As a member of our team, you'll be managing day-to-day development issues that may impact the release schedule and escalate them appropriately. Clear communication and risk analysis is going to be a part of your daily job. The perfect candidate will have at least 3 years of experience in release management, ideally on an AAA game.
- Define, document, and maintain the release plan.
- Manage day-to-day development issues that may impact the release schedule and escalate them appropriately.
- Clearly communicate build submission issues and triage appropriately with development teams.
- Ensure each release has passed the required checks and approvals.
- Carry out risk analyses and make recommendations for submission strategies.
- Work with internal stakeholders to define, plan and manage content and Patch updates.
- Implement mitigation and contingency plans.
- Facilitate release planning meetings and report to stakeholders on the status of releases.
- 3+ years of game release management experience and at least one AAA game released.
- Knowledge of version control software – e.g., Perforce or Git.
- Experience with Live service operations and titles. Experience supporting games in the past that operate a live service model of build and content updates.
- Detail orientation with very strong organizational and tracking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as an excellent team player.
- Ability to conduct releases with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines.
- Experience with Jira and productivity tools.
- Focused and composed under pressure.
- Experience in one or multiple of following:
- Project management
- Passion for Games. Both playing and an understanding of what makes them great
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.