Aliso Viejo, CA, United States
11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure (CGEI)
Release Engineer (Aliso Viejo, CA / Remote)
At PlayStation, we're leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what's possible! Would you like to use your skills, time, and passion on meaningful projects that are building the future? We're looking for engineers who want to make a difference, love automating everything they can get their hands on, and enjoy working with creative, intelligent and collaborative teammates. If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us build a world class cloud platform capable of delivering fun and unique gaming experiences to millions of players!
- Build, scale, automate, and secure our infrastructure, focusing specifically on the Linux environment.
- Support software development with a special focus on the pieces between the development of software and deploying it to production.
- Balance the needs of security, maintainability, robustness, scalability, reproducibility, ease of debugging, and service transparency.
- Increase deployment velocity and confidence.
- Develop CI/CD pipelines in GitLab.
- Create and manage containers, VMs, and bare metal images.
- Work in cross-functional development teams and help deliver quality software within scheduled time constraints.
- Expert understanding of Linux systems configuration and administration. You, Linux, and the command line are best of friends.
- Extensive experience writing Bash shell scripts. You can teach us a thing or two about it.
- You are very comfortable coding in Python and understand its strengths and weaknesses.
- Passion for build and release engineering, including CI/CD platforms like GitLab.
- Strong history of taking ownership and successfully delivering results.
- You automate things rather than doing them twice.
- Ambiguity doesn’t scare you. You see it as an opportunity to define the future.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent work experience).
- Hands on experience with Ceph or similar distributed file systems and knowledge of object/block-based storage.
- Experience with GitLab a major plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with Agile and DevOps.
- Contributor to open source projects.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and playing games.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to build an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us, and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.