Real-Time Cinematic Modeling Lead
28 days ago
Job Title:Real-Time Cinematic Modeling Lead
Blizzard’s real time, In-Game Cinematics Team has an opening for a Lead Modeling Artist. This person will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the IGC modeling team. This is a staff position.
• Create and ensure all assets, of various IPs and artistic styles, deliver on time while maintaining our pipeline standards and visual quality bar.
• Thorough understanding of current real-time PBR pipelines, texturing/shading and workflows as well as new trends regarding AAA-asset creation standards.
• Collaborate with production management teams and the Modeling Supervisor for asset bidding, pipeline workflow enhancements, technology and overall casting and staffing needs of the team.
• Critique and provide feedback for artists work on the team by providing notes, paint overs, etc., to meet and elevate artistic standards.
• Concisely and directly communicate notes to ensure the projects vision is being realized on time and on budget.
• Point person for the team regarding problem-solving of artistic, technical or pipeline related hurdles.
• Mentor and Develop artists to grow and reach their personal goals, and those of the team.
• Passion and dedication to elevate our artistic quality bar and to stay current on industry trends, techniques and standards regarding asset creation.
• 5+ years professional experience creating assets for AAA titles for game pipelines (includes modeling and sculpting, UV/topology, texturing and shading, map baking, hair, etc.)
• 5+ Years Management or leadership experience with a strong emphasis on team building, mentoring and career development in games, cinematics, and or VFX/Animation.
• Experience working within a creative leadership teams across multiple IPs (includes production, directors, art directors, production designers, tech, and senior management).
• Possess an in-depth understanding of real time game engine pipelines, their technical restrictions and limitations, and how to yield the best visual results within those.
• Exceptional communication, multi-tasking and time management skills.
• Familiarity with the Blizzard IP’s and associated lore.
• Capacity to keep up with the fast pace of an In-Game Cinematics production environment.
• Talent for filtering and evaluating constructive criticism on a professional level.
• Communicates priorities to leads/supervisor/producers and the team for developing clear work plans to achieve collective goals and production schedules, highlighting any concerns.
• Able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and initiative, autonomy, and self-sufficiency.
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status