R&D Programmer - La Forge
3 months ago
As an R&D Programmer within Ubi MTL’s La Forge, your role will be twofold: you’ll transform proof-of-concept prototypes to production-ready technologies and simplify how people work together within your team.
Your technical expertise paired with your communication skills will be invaluable in all that you do. On the transformation side of your job, you’ll adapt prototypes to minimum viable products, easing the hands-off to game development teams across the company. On the simplification side, you’ll create and maintain prototyping tools, standardize processes, and share best practices to increase efficiency at La Forge.
What you’ll do
- Improve prototypes to minimal viable products for game development teams.
- Design, code, and integrate machine-learning-based prototypes in game engines & internal middleware.
- Partner with product teams to release complete product packages that meet production quality criteria (robustness, documentation, completeness, and performance).
- Work closely with research scientists and production leads.
- Develop and maintain prototyping tools and infrastructure to facilitate collaboration between researchers.
- Provide support throughout prototype creation.
- Encourage standardization of frameworks, libraries, etc. among R&D teams + recommend and share best practices.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- At least 3 years of software development experience or related experience (with a focus on machine learning or in the gaming industry a huge plus)
- Mastery of Python & proficiency in C++
- A highly collaborative and solution-oriented spirit
- Curiosity and critical thinking
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Motivation to innovate in the video game industry & adapt to its (constantly evolving) rhythm
Nice to have:
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch or Tensor Flow), storage systems, distributed systems, high-performance computing, or CUDA programming
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows OS
- Familiarity with Maxscript or MEL
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
About La Forge
La Forge bridges academia and video game production, bringing together scholars and industry experts to facilitate technical prototyping based on the latest academic progress. Together, we explore subjects such as rendering, animation, AI, audio, and physics to tackle some of the biggest challenges in art and tech in gaming. Dedicated to innovation, we aim to accelerate research and development through prototyping to help content creators build increasingly believable worlds and better understand our players.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.