Quality Lead, Software Engineering
Brighton, United Kingdom
12 days ago
We are currently looking for a Quality Lead with a genuine enthusiasm for quality, to run part of our Release Quality Assurance team in Brighton (remote working negotiable). As part of the QA Management team, you will be responsible for line managing a small team of QA Engineers who, in turn, are dedicated to ensuring the very highest quality public releases of our Unity Engine.
As the team leader, you will be able to develop, establish and own your area to help shape the future of what we build at Unity. Your quality assurance experience combined with a technical background and management skills will enable you to excel in your role using cutting edge technologies serving 34 billion Made with Unity installs in the past 12 months.
- Work together on building a quality first engineering culture that helps ship features rapidly and with high confidence
- Raise the quality bar for changes and features ever higher
- Plan, develop, and execute test strategy for delivering quality across Unity
- Steer quality assurance efforts that align with the product roadmap and develop scalable solutions
- Evolve QA processes to ensure testing is conducted in the most effective and efficient manner it can be
- Collaborate to tackle exciting engineering challenges and contribute creative ideas to improve quality
- Define quality metrics and implement measurements to establish test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of the product
- Hands-on experience with test planning, test design and execution; implementing and maintaining test automation
- Great communicator and problem-solver, with an eye for detail
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness
- Proven track record of solid people management; directing a mixture of on-site, remote and international quality assurance engineers
- Experience in C# preferred, but Java, C, C++, or equivalent are accepted
- Hands-on experience using a games engine (not just our own!) is beneficial
- It definitely helps to have a thirst for technology, both new and existing — Unity is made up of many components from many disciplines so it’s key to be open to learning things, and use your knowledge to influence positive change
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.