15 days ago
Quality Designer (Apex Legends Mobile)
Respawn Entertainment is an Oscar-winning AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact on gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise.
We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends.
We're looking for an accomplished professional to join 'Apex Legends Mobile' as a Quality Designer. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making high-quality great games in a collaborative environment with a team of experienced professionals. This includes collaboration with the QA Development Managers to satisfy schedules of test coverage and project metrics.
We're picturing someone who is experienced in mobile game development, passionate and eager about quality and uses data to protect the player experience. They will work embedded within the team, improve QA practice across EA, have a Quality mindset from a consumer perspective, and be a advocate in game design and implementation decisions.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to seeing your resume!
Quality Designers are the owners for a product or major service/feature. Focused on ensuring project deliverables are being completed on time through active participation in test responsibilities and processes while maintaining EA's high standard of end-to-end quality. They will use data for planning and guide the building of dashboards to inform project metrics. Additionally, they will focus on improving the operational effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new QA strategies and helping departmental projects.
Understand metrics to inform and guide project health while engaging in daily test routines and responsibilities. Monitoring performance and delivering measurable feedback as part of daily test routines. Establishing working relationships within the QA department, the QA project team, internal development and engineering teams and the outside collaborators are important to success in this role.
Your primary responsibilities expected are as follows:
- Prioritize the end-user, ensuring that feedback is delivered with the community in mind while still accounting for development constraints such as timelines and budgets
- Build test cases, plans and suites, defect tracking, and regression tests
- Apply a range of testing techniques and methodologies to identify defects of a very high-quality level
- Skill and knowledge in mobile compliance requirements and hardware platform
- Analyze and perform game design feedback, test case design modification, and reviews at both a requirements level and product build level producing reports at a rhythm necessary to support product
- Drive quality upstream and advocating best practices to achieve this
- Produce and present reports to your team using data that represent product quality Indicators
- Provide expert testing for game features and development tools.
- Provide in-depth team support, working closely with members of Production and Development to align daily priorities.
- Utilize data and research into reporting and building test strategy.
- Fully own assigned game areas from a QA perspective supporting the group from pre-production through launch.
- Develop in-depth understanding of the systems under their ownership and communicate progress, status and risks. Requires a deep understanding of system architecture and implementation.
- Be the voice of quality for the product by providing design feedback prior to integration from a technical and end-user perspective.
- Propose and define long-term strategic collaboration structures which impact and/or influence multiple areas of the business.
- Create and drive team process changes and improvements backed by data-driven decisions
- Rally support from both the QA and development teams for process improvements.
- Identify risks and dependencies, develop plans to mitigate and reduce such risks, and actively execute on these plans
- Qualitative feedback on features with issues of usability and generally, be the voice of quality for the product
- Develop and Implement Quality metrics and scorecards. Prepare and present Quality KPI reports.
- Utilizes Quality tools and techniques e.g. RCA / Continuous improvement
- Provides support on utilization and development of knowledge on Quality methods and tools
- Interface and communicate with different teams within the organization on quality issues.
- Assure compliance to in-house and/or external specifications and standards
- Continuously monitors document Quality during the case lifecycle
- Promote Quality competence training and development
You will speak to the following levels of experience:
- 8+ years previous QA experience/ in software development environment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills that span varying game development disciplines.
- Passion to learn new technologies and systems with high degree of ownership.
- Ability to meet responsibilities without constant supervision.
- Must be able to develop and foster strong working relationships with development teams and integrate a development QA support strategy into the development process.
- Must be proactive, flexible, and able to adapt QA process to the critical needs of the development team.
- Ability to mitigate risks and potential areas of concern with appropriate sense of urgency.
- Understands concepts of defect prevention and defect containment.
- Comfort working on products in early stages of development.
- Experience working in a dynamic development environment (i.e. sprints, continuous releases, content deployments, etc.)
- An appreciation or practical understanding of analytics and Measurements as a way of tracking product quality
- Comfortable conversing within engineering disciplines with an eye to promote quality principles
- Proficiency with PC and current Windows operating systems or Mac OS
Bonus points for:
- Experience in gaming industry
- Experience with defect tracking and task management databases – Jira, TestRail etc.
- Knowledge of basic programming concepts.
- Experience working in an Agile team environment
- Excellent knowledge of product life cycle, tools, and execution planning
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment
- Experience with SQL knowledge and Data validation
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together accomplished people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.