Quality Designer - EAX
9 days ago
Quality Designers are individual contributors specialized in domains of the Quality Verification (QV) process. EAX QV is looking for someone to fill a Quality Designer (QD) role for the EAX Studio & Partner Integrations.
You will be an embedded member of the team, working with the development organization, to promote continuous improvements of QV practices across EA, share knowledge across the organization, focus on quality from a consumer perspective, and help influence software design implementation decisions.
Major items to focus on include: features and systems, customer data, processes and workflows, the proper selection of metrics to use, and how to analyze/summarize data. You will guide quality processes for applied automation strategies, and establish best practice methodology for the QV vision. You will help ensure the team is focused on providing the strongest end-to-end coverage and experience for EA's players, and to help EA accomplish its commitment to putting Players First. You will report directly to an EAX Development Manager.
Focus Areas and Responsibilities:
- Approach testing by anticipating what and how the software might behave, focusing on deeper issues, targeting specific results to evaluate and validate assumptions
- Gain insights while testing, identify patterns and commonalities, determine the cause of issues
- Work with team members of the areas or project impacted (owners, developers, users , etc. ) to modify and adjust testing and triaging activities to achieve the agreed upon goals
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the importance of metrics and analytics and use them when doing research and providing feedback
- Focus on predictable quality solutions and methods for testing EAX tools, EA Desktop and features in active development
- Help guide bug prevention and containment processes for EAX Quality Verification
- Lead at a scrum-level to help maintain daily operations, and work with core members of the team
- Problem solving with peers, and mentoring junior designers on best practices for problem solving
- Provide task breakdowns, planning, dependencies and time estimates for own assignments
- Articulate trends in a relevant community. Understand what the community wants and expect from a type of game, or software, and incorporate that understanding into relevant feedback
- Translate end-to-end customer experience into test strategies for a product
- Work with the quality experience leadership team to standardize best practices around testing methodologies (ex: knowledge sharing, project collaboration and improved feedback intake)
- Champion player experience improvements through analysis of trending data and cross team collaboration
- Work with quality engineering team to agree on automation and testing tool needs
- Use telemetry and data visualization, and participate in data improvement processes
The next great Quality Designer for EAX QV also needs:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 3+ years in Quality Assurance as a team lead or similar experience
- 2+ years Live Service experience
- Familiarity with EA Desktop products and offers
- Experience with PC and web testing tools (Fiddler, Browser Dev Tools)
- Experience working with Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Experience with bug prevention and containment strategies
- Familiar with automated testing and benefits
- Advanced knowledge of JIRA and test suite management tools
- Experience working with off-site teams
- Experience with automation application